The artist; [?]; Fra Dana, Parkman, Montana; present owner by gift
The "Copper Bell" refers to Sharp's first Taos studio, established in 1910 in an old church and in active use from 1912 until 1915 when he built another studio within his compound and turned the first one into a storage building. The Bell Chapel, as he called it, still stands today. This garden was just outside that original studio.